Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Lead in 50 year-old plumbing solder?

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:21:38 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

The possible solution is to stop using a mercury based preservative if there
are other methods that work as well. Unless you try something, you just
don't know. I didn't buy anything, but I'm open minded and think it is
sensible to try alternatives to mercury since they do exist. Injecting
mercury into a baby just does not make sense to me. That does not mean
eliminating vaccination at all.

This week or something is the 50th anniversary of the Saulk polio
vaccine.

Another story (or the same one?) someone reminisced about how a some
pulbic school no one objected to thier kid getting the polico vaccine,
compared to today.

I don't rememver if my mother objected at the time or not**, but 30
years later she expressed qualms, and 10 years after that I found out
why. There had been a bad batch of polio vaccine, out of 10's of
thousands of batches needed for the whole country) and a several,
quite a few, or somenumber ofof kids out of that batch got polio from
the vaccination.

**I know I got the shots pretty early.

Not parralel but little known and sort of relevant.