Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Bruder

Default loads for your cannon, was model cannon

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 05:55:56 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote
on Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:24:05 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 06:34:23 GMT, cavelamb
wrote:

Brent Philion wrote:

You are such a great source of really bad ideas =)

Yepper!

Hey, I want a small signal gun for sailing.

Something that sounds like a cannon and makes a big
puff of smoke.

One suggestion was a capped pipe firing M-80s and
a load of talcum powder.

Any improvements on that?

Richard

Sure....make one like the original Winchester signaling cannon, to
chamber 12ga blank shotgun shells. A striker and lanyard makes things
a bit safer and more realistic. You can load your own shotgun shells
with black powder and wad *and superglue the wad in for increased
pressure (old timers used waterglass) or simpy buy storebought blanks.

Word to the wise. Do not attempt to augment the cloud of smoke by
firing a bag of flour. It was a good idea, I'm told, only the flour
exploded as well, doubling or tripling the report, and leaving causing
everything to smell of burnt toast.

tschus
pyotr

And it makes an IMPRESSIVE fireball.

Hehe... Yeah, that it does. Another little-known "explosive" that's
pretty impressive is coffee-mate - Used to have a fellow I worked with
that would spook the bejeebers out of the "new kid on the block" by
taking about half a packet of it, dropping it to make a "cloud" behind
the victim, and sparking his Bic in the cloud. WHOOMP! and a puff of
smoke, and the new guy generally needed to go home and change his
britches

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info