Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default loads for your cannon, was model cannon

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Richard J Kinch
wrote on Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:16:51 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
pyotr filipivich writes:

Do not attempt to augment the cloud of smoke by firing a bag of flour.

Movie special effects use finely ground bentonite clay for this purpose.
Kitty litter in a ball mill. Properly inert while making a nice, opaque
cloud.

Aah. Now if I had known this some years ago, we might have used it for
"parade rounds".
As it was, we used "Gorilla round" - about triple the normal load.

--
pyotr filipivich.