Gunner

Default OT - Norstar 3x8 phone system question

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:03:58 GMT, "Ryan"
wrote:

OK... some results.

I wired the new phone line into the brain box, at the connection labeled
Line 3. Took the cell phone and called that number. To my surprise, one of
the 4 phones in the house started to ring. It was lite up on the "intercom"
button, and the display on that particular phone said "Line 03 to prime". I
selected the intercom button, and the call went thru.

So now, in my glee, I proceeded to check the other 3 phones, but none of
them would ring, or even lite up on the display that a call was coming in.

SO...I guess the phone that would ring, must be designated as some kind of
"main" , or default phone.

I guess this indicates some further programming is required for the rest of
the phones to recognize the new line... any thoughts there?

Ryan

Do you have the users manual? Its possible..possible that Night Call or
Night Transfer has been turned on, and not turned off.

This feature is say..for a factory for example, that closes the offices
at 5pm. When the front office girl leaves, she punches a couple buttons
and turns on Night Transfer/night Call and all the calls now are
directed to the security guard shack. In the morning, when she comes
in, she turns off this feature, and all the phones then act normal
again. This often blocks access to phones thoughout the facility so
employees cannot make unauthorized calls afterhours.

However..I suspect you will need to get the programming guide and select
COS (class of service) Ringing, etc etc for the stations that are not
able to use line 3. Ive seen installation companies do this in order to
get a service call in the future. ****ty ****ty..but some do it anyways.

Like alarm companies that program in a locking code to prevent another
cheaper alarm company from coming in and letting the customer change to
another monitoring service, even though the customer owns the box.
I have two control panels that are locked out like this that I could
use, but it requires sending them to the distributor for a fee, to
unlock them.

Gunner

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.