Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default first floor loft conversion

wrote:

We have a large loft over our attached garage. We would like to

You may find that being over a garage will impose 30 min fire break
rules on the construction.

convert this garege loft space into an ensuite and dressing room. Does
anyone know which particular parts of building regulations would apply
? Not the staircase and fire regulations I would hope, but what about

Floor loading, sound insulation, and thermal insualtion requirements
will need to be met. Since it is not a second floor loft conversion you
are probably not entitled to some of the dispensations available for
insulation levels either.

floor loading etc. In any case does an ensuite or dressing rooms count
as habitable space ?

Ensuite is not a habitable room, not sure how they class a dressing
room. I would guess at it not being one.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |