Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Daly

Default Lead in 50 year-old plumbing solder?

On 14-Apr-2006, wrote:

the "hey, I didn't die
because of it" argument is bad. Lots of things that may not affect
your lifespan at all can seriously affect your brain, muscles, nerves,
reproduction, etc.

The first couple of decades of my life I spent living in an environment that had
lead in the water pipes, mercury in the antibiotics, asbestos in almost everything
(I lived in Quebec where asbestos was a major export) etc, etc.

Now kids are raised in clean houses protected from diseases, toxins, heavy
metals etc. These same kids are suffering from epidemic levels of asthma,
autism, allergies etc.

Mike