Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Bull

Default OT GAS PRICES YOU CAN HELP PLEASE READ!!!

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:57:11 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

Bruce T wrote:
That's right....those large subsidies to the oil companies are just like the
ones to the farmers, they keep prices artificially low. What we need to
do...wait a minute, if the subsidies keep the prices low.......if we get rid
of the subsidies......wait, back to you Martin, I need more explanation of
how getting rid of those subsidies will lower gas prices.....

I'd rather have lower taxes and higher gas prices. At least that way
people would actually see what the real cost is, and might be slightly
less inclined to buy gas-slurping vehicles.

Chris

That's right, lower taxes for the rich, higher gas prices
and corrupt politicians.

..