Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Default model cannon

Hey Rex,

Perhaps you didn't page through quite far enough. Although it does
not give barrel diameter, it does indicate 10 gauge shells, and also
notes:

Barrel Length: 12 inches
Overall Length: 16 inches
Width: 6.5 inches
Height: 7 inches
Weight: 15 lbs

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:51:04 -0500, Rex B
wrote:

Very interesting, but no where on that site is anything to give you an
idea of the scale, or actual size.

wrote:
Sure, they still make 10 ga. saluting "cannons" for the yachting crowd.
Last I saw they were a couple of hundred for the low-end, went up from
there as cosmetics were added. See:
http://www.bellmorejohnson.com/
Looks like they've about doubled in price since I last looked at them.

Copies of the original Winchester design. A whole lot safer than
trying to make your own out of gas pipe and firecrackers, AKA
"grenade".

Stan