Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin

Default Anyone ever rebuild a 760 pellet gun?

funkychateau wrote:
wayne mak wrote:
I know its not a real gun but it helps keep the pests out of the bird
feeder, I have a Crossman 760 from when I was just a little kid I am now
over 40 and it just doesn't have power (for a pellet gun) I went to walmart
to buy a new one but they are just a plastic POS with a metal barrol. I like
the heavy solid feel my old all metal and wood 760 has but its a real dud
these days. Can these things be brought back to live or is it just a piece
of my past.

Wayne,

Sounds like you have the original model with the wood stock, gold bolt,
and non-grooved receiver. It's a real classic - keep it forever. I
bought mine back in the late 1960s for about $15, from Sears. Counted
for a lot of squirrels and blackbirds in it's time.

Yes, they are rebuildable. Look up "Bryan and Sons", I believe they
will sell you the parts or do the rebuild for you. They specialize in
old Crosman guns.

Martin

Sorry, that should have been "Bryan and Associates". The url is:
http://www.bryanandac.com/