Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Printing on card

R.P.McMurphy wrote:

Hey all,

i am a new committee member of a car club and have been given the job
of printing off 200 car passes. they will be of post card size and
in colour. my laser printer only prints in monotone, i have looked
into getting a colour laser printer but they don't say if they can
print on card. The card needs to be of post card thickness really or
they will feel to flimsy. Is there any other options out there i.e.
printing firms or printers known to print on card ok?

Cheers

Steve

Many colour inkjet printers will accept card provided it isn't too thick -
maybe up to 250g/sm. Some have a special slot which provides a straight path
without having to wrap round a roller.

Are these things going to be subjected to the weather? The problem with
using an inkjet printer is that the ink will run if it gets wet.

I would be inclined to print them on good quality paper, and then laminate
them. That avoids having to print on card, provides the necessary rigidity -
and makes them reasonably weather-proof. You should be able to print 3 on an
A4 sheet, then laminate it - and finally cut it into 3 postcard-sized
pieces.
--
Cheers,
Roger