Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Horribly OT - PC Advice

In article ,
Grunff wrote:
Mike Halmarack wrote:

I have friends who are stuck in a cul-de-sac with Acorn computers.
Some of them will never forgive me for moving on to PC use. These
Acorn users seem to spend a lot of time desperately trying to
construct rational arguments as to why it's more intelligent to stick
with their obsolete technology, rather than to adopt "inferior"
systems.

Yes, I've met a few of them.

I've used RISC OS at various points in time, and while I appreciate the
exposure I've had to it, it isn't something I'd be tempted to look at now.

Then close your eyes. Most of the best of current computer development is
based on the sort of stuff developed by Acorn - not to mention the PVR
technology.