Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.horology,uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default Accuracy of UK power grid time control?

In uk.d-i-y Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking of building an electronic clock control circuit which uses
the 50 Hz mains frequency for time keeping. The reason for this is that
the clock dial is rather large, so probably wouldn't run for long on
battery power, and I don't fancy spending ?40 buying a programmable
quartz oscillator chip.

I probably should have mentioned.
If this is outside.
You can get GPS, for about that price, and if it's a clockface, you can
mount the antenna there, and have it work just fine.