Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

Default OT - When The Going Gets Rough aka As Your Pothole Grows

LRod writes:

On 7 Apr 2006 21:37:11 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

In Florida, concrete went from $564 a cubic yard in 2004 to $749 last
year,

Man, I must be out of touch. Are those prices correct? Last time I
priced concrete (admittedly a decade ago), it was running around
$80-100 a yard in the Chicago area. I've never priced it down here
(FL).

The last time I bought concrete here in Minnesota was about two years ago
and it cost me around $135 for one yard. That was for one of those you
haul it type trailers of concrete. A concrete truck would probably have
been around $100 a yard if I needed more.

I've heard over the last year or two that concrete is nearly impossible
to get in Florida. Concrete suppliers won't even talk to you if you
aren't a contractor or somebody who buys concrete all the time.

Brian Elfert