Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Old riding lawnmowers

I was going to use a set of Case 442 axles to make a articulating tractor,
the Case uses a pump on the engine and runs hydro lines to the axle. No
drive shafts or belts needed to drive the wheels, never did get arround to
it. I have done some stuff with my bolens tractor.
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/1250/1250.htm
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/load/load.htm
The rear lift works very good I was using it to move some 150 pound rocks
for a wall, it doesn't tear up the lawn like the Ford.
"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone done anything interesting with old lawnmowers? I have an idea to
combine the rear axles from three old riding lawnmowers to make a 6WD
tug that could be used to pull a trailer around my backyard without
getting stuck.