Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Shower Switch Location

On 14 Apr 2006 08:26:19 -0700, "Mungo" wrote:

Stuart wrote:
My present electric shower is presently powered by a 45 A Fused Connection Unit
near to the CU and then has a pullcord switch mounted near the shower . As part
of my bathroom renovation I am putting in 10mm cable and will either replace the
existing 6mm or juust leave it in place for future use to avoid any upheaval
,probably the former .
What I was wondering ( but not necessarily adopting) was whether the pullcord
switch is really necessary .Could the shower not be operated by using the switch
on the FCU when the shower was to be used ?....just a thought .

Stuart

Dunno Stuart, but if I remember correctly the pull switch has to have a
mechanical
indicator whether it is ON or OFF, so in my books that means it is
essential as
far as the regulations are concerned.

Mungo

Thx Mungo .What I was thinking of was you can have a wall switch outside the
bathroom ...which presumably has ON/OFF indications.... but so does my FCU
switch .I can understand the neeed for an inbetween switch when the supply comes
direct from the CU as there would be no such switch with those indications .

Stuart