Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default Horribly OT - PC Advice

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:54:44 UTC, Stuart Noble
wrote:

What I do is make a floppy (could be a CD, but a floppy was quicker to
debug) that was a bootable, network capable DOS. Boot from that and use
DriveImage to image the hard disk to a server.

Then make a bootable CD containing the image and a copy of DriveImage.
Good basic, easy recovery CD.

The basic process is described ad nauseum on the web but it's just too
fiddly for novices. Download this, get hold of that etc. I can't believe
there isn't a user friendly utility that can put the essentials on a
bootable cd, and give you options as to what else it should include.

In my case it's my standard CD burning program. Copy the hard drive
image, the floppy image and the utility program all to the drive letter
assigned to the burner. Hit the Bootable button and hit Finalize. That's
it!