jason35xs jason35xs is offline
Junior Member

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, we have just moved house and installed 3 solid Iroko wood worktops, in our last house we had solid beech worktops which provided service for 11 years, ok they were ring marked with wet cups once or twice during the 11 years but this was simple and easy to fix, just a quick sand and then re-oiled. I gave the worktops a sand and oil session just before we put the house on the market (this took in all about 35 minutes) and the worktops looked like brand new, what other type of worktop could you say that about?

For anyone interested in hardwood worktops I can personally recommend this supplier:
http://www.hardwoodfloorstore.co.uk/index.html

they have a section all about oiling:

[url]http://www.hardwoodfloorstore.co.uk/worktops/worktop_care.htm[url]

and a really good fitting guide: