Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default (Garage) Making your own foundation?

"Aaron" wrote in message
I am in the initial planning phases of building an attached garage. Has
anyone created their own foundation for such a structure. I have been
involved in framing a structure but not the actual foundation building and

wanted to know if this was something beyond the scope of a DIY'er. I am
aware of all the basics that go into making footings and concrete slabs

but
I am specifically interested in gotchas or things like grading the land
especially if there is a steep slope to content with, thanks.

Call the local building department. Single story garage should not be all
that hard to do in my area. However I do not live in a earthquake zone, nor
tornados, nor hurricanes, nor snow actually the weather here is usually
just hot.