Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default GFX vs home brew

Robert Gammon wrote:
wrote:
Robert Gammon wrote:

I keep wondering about the efficacy of a home brew system that is
1. Not patented
2. Not sponsored by the DOE
3. is not reliant on the RAPID fall of water thru a vertical METAL tube.

That's because you are ignorant :-) Ignorance can be cured...

Nick

So a student is smarter, wiser than a PHD with a patent???

Sometimes yes, as the creative mind is at its peak in the early 20s.

However, physics clearly tells us that

1. Metal conducts heat FAR more efficiently than plastics
2. Water falls in a thin vertical film FAR faster than water that is
flowing horizontally in a pipe.

OK, GFX doesn't help with heat recovery for a bath, but great for hot
showers, dishwashing, clothes washing.

Nick-

Your heat exchanger concept may or may not be better than the GFX but
****ing folks off in a relevant ng is no way to "market" your device.

The GFX has some installation (retrofit) issues but after 30 years as
an ME when I think of heat exchangers I rarely think of "plastic".

cheers
Bob