Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Cedar Fading in the sun

"dnoyeB" wrote in message
. ..
I created a playscape for my son a few years ago. I used Cedar because its
supposed to last outside and does not contain some of the chemicals used in
treated lumber. Unfortunately, the structure has turned a rather unsightly
greyish color.

Is there any way to restore the color of this wood or protect it with
something that I can feel comfortable with my son climbing on?

One person's unsightly gray is another's nice soft patina. Too late to
revive it unless you sand off the top coating that has changed color. It
should have been given a UV protective coating when new, like Penofin Oil.

Sand if you want and have the ambition (then coat with Penofin), otherwise,
stain is about the only alternative.