Vaughn

Default OT - Norstar 3x8 phone system question

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Ryan wrote:

I "think" that I have a game plan for the wiring side of the job... but

not
THAT confident! If anyone has helpful, constructive comments, I am all
ears!

Here's a link to a manual on your system.
Don't ask me why it's so horribly long or
how to get it into your browser.

http://www130.nortelnetworks.com/cgi...onID=REND37854

The above URL worked fine for me, but here is a shorter one that I think
takes you to the same place:
http://www142.nortelnetworks.com/bvd...0842627_01.pdf

Unfortunately the above is the customer's manual and not the installer's
manual. Usually systems of that class simply have a modular plug for each
line and all you have to do is plug in. If you would like an answer from
someone who really knows, go to comp.dcom.telecom.tech and ask there.

Unless you want to do something fancy, programming should not be an issue,
these systems come programmed from the factory "square", that means that all
line are on all phones.

Good luck
Vaughn