Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

Default alternative to drywall ?

On 10 Apr 2006 13:17:59 GMT, l (Miko the pooch)
wrote:

In article ,
Ecnerwal writes:
If you don't care how the joints look, you can cut drywall down
before moving it.

I might go this route. I was hoping there was some other cheap
but lightweight material. But being in the basement I am very concerned about
safety. I'll just have to take my time.

Two suggestions- I don't like either of them, myself, but they may
work for you. First is good ol' wood panelling. It's a little more
costly than drywall, but it bends more to get into tight spaces, and
if that fails, you can cut it on the joint lines and peice it back
together. You spend more on materials, less on time that way.

Second one, which may be contrary to your local codes are those cheap
plastic panels some folks use to line showers. They're generally not
attractive, but they're flexible for moving down the stairs,
waterproof, not much sticks to them, and tend to be a nice bright
white.

Your best bet is still drywall, though.