Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default model cannon

You are such a great source of really bad ideas =)

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:31:08 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:12:50 -0700, Brent Philion
wrote:

And here i was thinking the potato gun was a fun toy

could you put an aluminum streamer ont he beer can to give it a
straighter trajectory

Commo wire wrapped around the object so it lags behind works well
after it unspools.

Beer cans sure make a wierd sound as they tumble....

Gunner

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:29:03 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:59:23 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

My first homebrew cannon had a 3" bore and would shoot a concret
filled beer can a reallly realllllllly long way. Including through
both sides of my buddies garage...and his house on the other
side...cringe. Last time I let him borrow anything....

His wife wouldnt talk to me for 3 yrs.. She figured I knew him better
than that.

Gunner

Just how much ammo was "prepared" that day? What brand was the beer can?
I smell a commercial! I used FF for my now demasculated cannon, what
propellant is right for the 3"?

Given his nature..I suspect at least one full 6 pack too many.

2F works fine, about 3 oz would toss a cement filled beer can, best as
we could figure..about 2000 yrds across a small lake..even with
binocs..we didnt see a splash unless we lowered the muzzle below 45
degrees

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist