Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Moore

Default Old riding lawnmowers

Years ago, we bought some old Wheel Horse 4.5hp lawn mower/tractor units
that had been used to move mobile homes. The hood was removed and the front
frame had a hitch on it. The motor/trans pulley set had been changed to
much reduce speed. With one, we repullied to run about 20mph. Quite a ride
on a baby tractor. No mower deck on these guys.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone done anything interesting with old lawnmowers? I have an idea to
combine the rear axles from three old riding lawnmowers to make a 6WD
tug that could be used to pull a trailer around my backyard without
getting stuck.