Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MetalHead

Default Anyone ever rebuild a 760 pellet gun?

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

"wayne mak" wrote in message

I know its not a real gun but it helps keep the pests out of the bird
feeder, I have a Crossman 760 from when I was just a little kid I am now
over 40 and it just doesn't have power (for a pellet gun) I went to walmart
to buy a new one but they are just a plastic POS with a metal barrol. I
like the heavy solid feel my old all metal and wood 760 has but its a real
dud these days. Can these things be brought back to live or is it just a
piece of my past.

It doesn't seem like anyone is interested. I am. I have a thrice-rebuilt
760 myself.

There's no magic to it. A handful of 0-rings and a couple of smears of
grease is about all it takes to get it back to as-new performance. Mine
needed the pin re-done on the pump piston, too, but that was solved by
sleeving the hole with a bronze bushing.

The 760 isn't a 'real' air gun by today's standards, but it was a dandy
little boy-toy, and they last almost forever.

Good post Lloyd, thanks for the information.

Bob