Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco

Default Old riding lawnmowers

I know a guy in a northwest suburb of Minneapolis who converts older Cub
Cadet riding mowers (and others)into multi-engined machines. He has one
with 3 10 or 12 hp Kohlers and one (an Ariens, I think) has 2 twin
cylinder engines and is articulated. He has several others, too.

I am planning on using a 15 hp hydrostatic transmission from a Cub
Cadet to run an old 18" turret lathe that was originally flat belt drive.

Pete Stanaitis

Dave wrote:

Anyone done anything interesting with old lawnmowers? I have an idea to
combine the rear axles from three old riding lawnmowers to make a 6WD
tug that could be used to pull a trailer around my backyard without
getting stuck.