Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y
Darrell Dorsey

Default Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!!

I just had new Granite counter tops and a Kohler 3356 sink installed. Mine
was glued underneath with some silicone. I was afraid that it wouldn't
hold, but I understand this is the stand method. So far (two weeks now,)
everything is fine.

I'm figuring that if needed it might be possible to chemically attack the
bond and maybe slowly wedge it loose. But I cant think of a possible reason
why. The opening is cut specifically for that sink. I would only be able
to replace it with another Kohler 3356 if it needed to be replaced.

I considered the possibility that the sink can never be removed, that's why
we spent the $600 for a good sink.

Darrell

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!!
My contractor is to install undermount stainless sink & granite counter
top tomorrow, but he told me that I will have to break the granite if I
decide to change the undermount sink later on, is this true or he does
not know how to install undermount sinker correctly?
Please advice.
Thanks in advance.

John