Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chai

Default Urgent: Martha Stewart/KB Homes in NC? Pull out now?

Take your time. Get an attorney. Get an inspector. Don't be afraid to walk away.

Yes, I totally agree. And I am walking away. It is not the right
decision for me to make (to buy in that community). I'm not interested
in new/slapped together homes. I want more land and I would like to
get away from HOA and CC&Rs. I owned an older (15 years) townhouse in
a smaller townhouse community in northern CA several years ago and
while that worked out just fine, it would be lovely to not have to deal
with monthly HOA dues and restrictions, etc, etc.

And yes I will absolutely avail myself of the services of a good RE
attorney to help protect my interests when I do see a property
(existing/resale) that I like and want to purchase. I want my
interests protected as much as possible and that doesn't happen when
purchasing from a (big) home builder. Of course there are always risks
involved in buying a home. Better to see the error of my ways BEFORE
it's too late.