Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Default Old riding lawnmowers

"cavelamb" wrote in message
nk.net...
Dave Lyon wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...

Anyone done anything interesting with old lawnmowers? I have an idea to
combine the rear axles from three old riding lawnmowers to make a 6WD
tug that could be used to pull a trailer around my backyard without
getting stuck.

I used the transaxle from 2 old craftsman lawn mowers to make the back

end
of my paintball tank. I also modified them to have duel wheels.

http://home.mchsi.com/~mnotlyon/tank/37.JPG
http://home.mchsi.com/~mnotlyon/tank/38.JPG
http://home.mchsi.com/~mnotlyon/tank/39.JPG
http://home.mchsi.com/~mnotlyon/tank/40.JPG
http://home.mchsi.com/~mnotlyon/tank/41.JPG

Sorry, the pictures aren't too good. I sold it last month, so I can't

take
any more.

Down around San Antonio they have annual lawnmower races.

But don't expect to bring your old ride and expect to compete.

I've seen some of them do 50 mph in 1/8 mile...

Scary as hell!

Richard

Around here they have garden tractor pulls (don't call them lawnmowers!).
They get pretty good performance from them too. Most of what they use are
old Cub Cadets, but you'll see a few of the old craftsmen too.