Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default Newbie question on precision thread

"Robin S." wrote in message
.. .

"jim rozen" wrote in message

Do not re-invent the wheel. There are a plethora of companies out there
(Thorlabs, Ealing, Newport, etc) that manfacture all kinds of optical
tranlators, in varying sorts of load capacities.

And certainly cheaper than paying someone $65+/hour to build an unproven
design. I know New Focus used to sell their precision fine-pitch screws
with matching brass nuts, thumbwheels and ball-bearing points as a
package. Not sure how expensive, but definitely cheaper than a job shop.

Regards,

Robin

$65.00 an hour ?? I charge $200 an hour and make lots of mistakes.

Bob Swinney