Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Bizarre reason for RCD nuisance tripping...

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Wade
saying something like:

It turned out she was in the habit of getting into bed with the
lights turned off and reaching for her bedside lamp which had no lamp
in it. In went the fingers - quick jolt and she claimed she felt much
better. She had done this for years but since the RCD install, off
went the power. Bedroom was dark so not noticed until the following
am.

Not the sort of fault you can predict - and the old lady wasn't
admitting to her actions - she instinctivley knew it was "wrong" but
carried on regardless, convinced that it did her heart and
circulation some good.

In the interests of customer satisfaction he should have run an
unprotected spur purely for her bedside lamp.
--

Dave