Posted to uk.d-i-y
andy

Default Removing Metal Strip in Door Cill

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:54:47 GMT, andy wrote:

I'm fitting a new allimim/UPVC back door which is the size of
existing internal door frame but I have to remove the metal upstand
strip in the existing wooden cill ..... not sure what the correct name
is for this
I can't see how this is fixed into cill or the depth etc. and could do
with some advice how to remove it to make way for new door frame.
Is it a hacksaw or chisel job ?
Any help would be most appreciated Cheers.

Thanks for your replies...
I sorted it by chipping out a line along metal strip using a large
screwdriver as a chisel etc. then getting a large cold chisel
underneath to lossen & lift strip up . I had to hacksaw off ends that
went into wooden sub frame and in middle of metal strip to bend it +
lift up . Managed it surprisingly without too much collateral damage !

Cheers