Posted to misc.consumers.house
Banty

Default Urgent: Martha Stewart/KB Homes in NC? Pull out now?

In article .com, Chai says...

There are more considerations than thinking a house might fall down
(which no, I don't believe that, but structural defects, mold, and
other issues are not uncommon). One's legal recourse is extremely
limited when working with a major home builder -- one is bound by
arbitration/mediation. This is a HUGE deal and personal investment. I
believe this requires more careful thought and consideration. There is
no rush where I HAVE TO purchase right now. Yes perhaps I have classic
buyer's remorse...or perhaps more than that.

This is a community that will be 650 homes. The rollout will be over 2
years. I have some issues with my ability to resell the house (while
new homes are still being built) if I lose my job. And yes, losing my
job is a possibility as I work in a very volatile industry in a dept
that *could be* cut. I would be S.O.L. if I was in a home that
stretched my financial abilities and then I lost my job and then
couldn't easily sell because buyers have the option of building their
own BRAND NEW home. These, I believe, are valid concerns.

Sure they are, but it sure sounds to me that you should have kept renting for
awhile. Evidently you'd be very nervous about buying *any* house - these
concerns apply to *any* house.

And just about *any* buyer. You're not going to be able to argue any special
case for yourself here.

Banty