Posted to alt.home.repair
YYZedd

Default Ceiling fan eats lightbulbs

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
newsAt%f.8460$WI1.4723@pd7tw2no...
YYZedd wrote:
Have a ceiling fan with a 4 bulb light kit that just seems to eat
lightbulbs. A bulb will usually last less than a month. I usually have
softwhite type 75 watt bulbs in it. Anything in particular that might
cause this? There are other fixtures in the house that also seem to use
up bulbs quickly but this particular one is the worst.

Hi,
Vibration? I know there is bulbs specified for ceiling fan use. I guess it
is heavy duty/rough service rated. Tried them? You can get them from
HD or lighting store. I have 3 fans in the house, no problem.

Could be that I suppose. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.