Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey

Default Why Do I have lots of background noise on this phone?

On 4/12/06 3:48 PM, in article ,
"Michael Kennedy" wrote:

I have an AT&T 952 corded Desk phone.
http://www.epinions.com/pr-ATandT_952E_MPN-952E_Phone
and it is horrible about picking up background noise and putting it into
your ear.. You can hear yourself talk on this phone which I think is
unusual. I think part of the problem is a cheap microphone but I'm not
sure.. I've thought about talking the handset apart and replacing the mic
but I don't know what would make a good replacement.. Another thing that is
weird about it is that it buzzes on line 1, but I only use it for 1 line
anyway so I just use line 2..

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

- Mike

I suspect there is a problem in the interface connector wiring between the
phone and the line.

Don