Old Nick

Default Too Much Flex in Aluminum Tubing

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:54:30 +0000 (UTC), domain
(qedude) wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

You're not in California are you G??

Sounds as if you may have discovered the ultimate ground vib detector.

I'm trying to kill a low frequency vibration (think a slow sway back and
forth). I agree that sand will kill the high frequency stuff but it's not going
to help in this situation. I'm having a hard time determining exactly what is
causing this vibration. It's not the mount as I can kill the power and there is
still a slow sway to the mount and it doesn't seem to die out. Either I have
created a really good pendulum or I may be getting a low frequency harmonic
from a highway about a 1/3 of a mile away.

With a tube that size, and thickness, if you are still having trouble,
steel will probably not solve the problem.

If I can't solve the problem simply in the next couple of weeks I'll probably
just replace everything with steel. I have the steel but the aluminum came
available at the right price (scrap price) and I didn't have to spend the time
to sandblast and paint it like I will the steel. The only reason I am spending
time with it is that it is so close to working. If I can cut the size or the
error or move the frequency lower so that I can guide it out I'll be happy.

Scott

Until I do the other one,this one means nothing
Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )