Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT GAS PRICES YOU CAN HELP PLEASE READ!!!

martin wrote:
GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one
of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your
consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon
by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?
We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered
this good idea. yada, yada, yada

IMHO:
1. Pay some attention to your fuel consumption (mpg, total gals.,
etc.), and, as necessary, recycle the Jimmy, TrailBlazer, Hummer,
Expedition, whatever- the ones that will NEVER return reasonable fuel
mileage. Look at the sticker before being seduced in the salesroom, and
expect lower real-world mileage from Detroit. Slow it down a bit- 5%
slowdown returns ~10 lower aerodynamic losses, so cool it. Walk more.
2. Demand from your gummint a responsible CAFE standard, not W's
lunacy.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." (Pogo)