Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Default Organic Vapor Mask

I'm in the market for a good organic vapor mask.

I've been very happy with my 3M 7502 (or 7501, 7503 depending on size).
It's available from a variety of places, but I found it cheapest
online at:
http://www.ottofrei.com/store/produc...at=1191&page=1
I use it primarily for dust, but the few times I've used it for organic
vaporos it's been very effective also (with appropriate cartridges).
There are a wide variety of both dust and OV cartridges available for
it - I found some fairly inexpensively on eBay. I like the comfortable
silicone facepiece, and the fact that you can flip it down off your
head but leave it hooked around your neck if you need to talk to
someone. It does interfere with normal conversation, as I think most
real respirators would. I have a goatee, and it still seals well on my
face. It seals better than any of the paper masks I've tried, though I
haven't tried any other cartridge-type respirators.
Hope this helps,
Andy