Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Sorta OT-advice please for pellet rifles

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:57:31 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:07:55 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

I usta have a nice, accurate pump pellet rifle. I can't be sure, but I
think it was a Sheridan. Anyway, it took several pumps for full
velocity and fired .177 cal pellets (I think). It was quite accurate
and would put pellets right through a 2x4 when pumped enough. On the
other hand, just a couple pumps would send pellets out slow enough
that they wouldn't go through heavy paper at about 40 feet away. Is
there a pellet rifle available today that matches my old one? I have
looked and can only find the ones that take just one pump and it's the
barrel that's the pump lever, not the fore stock like my old one. I
want the variable velocity.
Thanks,
eric

Google "blue streak"

Gunner

Thanks Gunner, Blue Streak is what the rifle was. It was stolen 27
years ago and the name had faded.
Eric