Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

Default Anyone ever rebuild a 760 pellet gun?

wayne mak wrote:

I know its not a real gun but it helps keep the pests out of the bird
feeder, I have a Crossman 760 from when I was just a little kid I am now
over 40 and it just doesn't have power (for a pellet gun) I went to walmart
to buy a new one but they are just a plastic POS with a metal barrol. I like
the heavy solid feel my old all metal and wood 760 has but its a real dud
these days. Can these things be brought back to live or is it just a piece
of my past.

Dead easy to do, and there are a dozen or so guys out there that make a
living selling parts just for the old airguns.

The old wood and metal crosmans are pretty sweet bits of kit, for what
the were.

Most of the seals are just common O rings, with a couple odd bits that
you might have to deal with a parts supplier for. Those parts would be
the exaust seal, the seal in the air chamber, and the pump cup seal.

A google search for Crosman airgun parts will find many souces, or you
can try the various links from
http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/classifieds.html as a good start.

Chances are pretty good that you can find someone to sell you a
complete kit of parts for about $20, maybe less.

Crosman will sell you the parts as well, though they tend to want to
swap out the old design parts(metal ones) for the new design parts
(plastic) sometimes. They generally want you too order by part number.
Most of the aftermarket guys have their stuff arranged such that they
can deal with the various changes made in production, and have kits made
up as a package.

www.crosman.com has downloadable schematics with part numbers. You will
have to download quite a few of them and examine them fairly carefully
to determine wich one is correct for the gun you have, wish is fairly
early production, and somewhat desireable to the Crosman
collectors/shooters.

Cheers
Trevor Jones
(with about 80 pounds of various aiguns, mostly Crosman)