Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin

Default Screwfix - AVOID !

in 521134 20060413 112340 Roger wrote:
The message
from "Vass" contains these words:

OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking today,
they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but didn't
great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying "get your orders
in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

My experience couldn't have been more different. I placed my order
Wednesday morning, was advised delivery would be Thursday and the order
duly arrived today at 10.45am, complete and without damage.

The morning delivery surprised me somewhat as I had not paid for the
faster service.

--
Roger Chapman

Me too - placed an order at 16:30 and it was on my doorstep at 7:50 the next morning.