Posted to uk.d-i-y
john2

Default Washing machine stuck mid-cycle

Ian Stirling wrote:
Tournifreak wrote:

All - can anyone give me any advice?

Hoover AL130 washing machine about 4 years old. This is what it does
(from empty):

snip

It may be as simple as grunge round the dial.
That was what had stopped my Zanussi.
The dial simply couldn't move easily, and it had stalled the motors.

My ancient Philips circa 1987 had a similar problem but it stopped half
way through the cycle. It was designed to be very easy to get the
rotary switch unit out on its long cable bunch if the washer top plate
is removed. AIR I took it all out, tested it loose in mid air, found
nothing wrong, sprayed with WD40, replaced it and its worked for a few
more years.
So if the Hoover swiches are not rotating at all it sounds like the
little induction motor has failed.

john2