Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Philip Pemberton

Default Viewsonic G73fm - completely dead

Hi,
I've got a Viewsonic G73fm here that's absolutely dead - no response to
power button, power LED is off, no sign of current draw (usually you get a
little 'crack' if you plug a powered IEC into the back).

Does anyone have a service manual or schematic for this beast? Even a "The
screws are hidden here and the case latches here" type diagram would be
useful. The screws are obvious, it's the ones hidden under covers, and the
plastic latches I'm worried about...

Failing that, I'd appreciate some suggestions of things I could check -
I've done a bit of VCR repair but this is the first CRT I've tried to repair
that might actually be repairable.

Thanks,
Phil.
(valid address, but replace "despammed" with "dsl.pipex"
to bypass spam filter)