Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default AmplifierTape Out to VCR

wrote:
Shannon wrote:
I have a requirement to connect & record the audio output from a PA
amplifier (using the TAPE OUT jack) onto a standard VCR (using the AV
input jacks). I have tried just connecting it up and it records but has
a very low volume when watched on a TV.

What are you amplifying? If you're using a microphone or an instrument,
make sure that the preamp is set correctly. Too little input gain will
make your TAPE OUT signal too low, but will still be loud enough if you
crank the main volume.

Yes, this is surely a 'gain structure' problem. Find an output on the
pa system with a gain control which is adjustable separately from the
main outputs.

If none is available, you'll have to juggle the gains around to make up
for the low output at the Tape Out. Turn the power amp (if it's
separate from the mixer) down, and turn the mixer up, etc.
Experiment...run a test tape to see if you got it right.

If the above two posts don't give you enough information, then you
probably need to describe the problem, especially the equipment in use,
in order to get more help.

jak