Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

Default Alternative DMMs to Fluke?

I got a brand new Fluke 87 about 15 years ago and had nothing but
trouble with it . I dont use it all that much and its always stayed on a
workbench . It looks like brand new still .
It had wierd problems not turning off and making clicking noises when
switched off . Now the AC reads 25 volts low when testing an outlet .
My used Fluke 73 has neverhad any problems .

The Harbor Freight auto ranging DMM that looks alot like the Fluke 83
,same size even has a yellow rubber case thingy is sure a nice meter for
20 - 30$