Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Michael A. Terrell

Default Alternative DMMs to Fluke?

Bud-- wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Keith wrote:

Let's go back! The OP's bitching because he bought a FLUKE, with Company
B's label on top. He *DID NOT* buy a Fluke. The IBM deal is quite like
the GE deal. They're selling their name as part of the unit sold. The
name is worth money. ...and they're still servicing the products *THEY*
sell. I suppose you don't think GoodYear should sell tires under the
GoodYear name in Sears.

Nope, the OP simply asked whether there were alternatives to Fluke, of
comparable quality. Someone opined that Omega was good. I offered that
Omega doesn't make things.

Seems to me like an entirely reasonable observation. I was surprised
when I figured out some 'Omega' equipment was from other manufacturers
and cheaper under the manufacturers name. My impression is that Omega is
a convenient source for a wide range of stuff but you pay more for it.

bud--

Not only that, but some of the manufacturers only sell in large
quantities so its actually cheaper to go to a distributor for small
orders.