Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12615

Default Anyone ever rebuild a 760 pellet gun?

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:28:36 -0700, Steve B wrote:

"wayne mak" wrote in message
I know its not a real gun but it helps keep the pests out of the bird
feeder, I have a Crossman 760 from when I was just a little kid I am now
over 40 and it just doesn't have power (for a pellet gun) I went to walmart
to buy a new one but they are just a plastic POS with a metal barrol. I
like the heavy solid feel my old all metal and wood 760 has but its a real
dud these days. Can these things be brought back to live or is it just a
piece of my past.

Hang it up and admire it. Trying to rebuild it is like trying to restore a
55 year old woman to her former 19 year old glory. All the stuff is there,
you just can't get it back in the original configuration due to gravity,
rust, use, overuse, wear, tear, and drama.

Go buy a top of the line pellet gun at somewhere besides Walmart. Walmart
doesn't have top of the line pellet guns because no one will pay $500 for
one. They are available, they are just $500 now.

I have a Gamo 1000 pellet gun, it cost me about 200 dollars (IIRC), it
is a perfect tack driver. An unbelievably accurate air rifle.