Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Horribly OT - PC Advice

On 2006-04-12 23:15:23 +0100, said:

Andy Hall wrote:

The physical build quality is streets ahead of anything I've seen in
PCs.

Take it you don't have a G4 Titanium laptop then, Andy?

I have used one without problems

Bent Ti cover
(way too thin), snapped hinges (has anyone got one on its original
hinges?), blowing power supplies and a dead superdrive now. Had Mac
optical mice fail as well, never had MS optical one fail yet.

I've had two Dell power supplies.

Don't
get me wrong, still like Mac OS but I would not buy one for quality of
construction. If you want a well built laptop then the only thing on
the market as far as I am concerned is the Panasonic Toughbook range
which are simply in a class by themselves.

I suppose if you want something for use in a steelworks....... :-)