Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinions on Craftex machinery?

Well said.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:23:41 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

In article .com,
"Tanus" wrote:

Has anyone else dealt with them here?

Busy Bee...well.. lemme see... before they get vilified by the unwashed...

They are located at a convenient off-ramp from the highway, so I do frequent
their London, Ontario outlet often. They carry Makita, DeWalt and many other
well-known accessory lines in router-lifts etc. Triton is well represented there
as well. Their Craftex router bits are on a par with Freud at half the price.
Their 12" PSA sanding discs are pretty good, as is the sander which is Craftex.
Then again, it's a motor with a disc... not too complicated.... certainly good
value. I have my eye on a 37" radial arm drill-press which will do what I need
it to do for the money I'm willing to spend.
An acquaintance of mine has a Craftex 12" lunch-box planer (12 years old) and
after many years of abuse, he walked in with a shopping list of obscure
replacement parts and they had ALL of them in stock, so he was up and running
the same day.

The Craftex line is painted in a godawful green with ugly yellow logos and
warning stickers (do NOT use their 48" drum sander whilst taking a shower) but
their stuff seems well-built, solid and cheap. It ain't Laguna nor pretending to
be.
After 30 years, they are still being compared to Grizzly by many, so to call
their stuff crap is merely showing one's ignorance. You get what you pay for,
and some people won't pay for much, yet want everything for nothing.

http://www.busybeetools.com/