Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

Default x5 contractor table saw question

If you are talking about the 36-505X The US content is in the high
ninties (percent) and includes the motor. And once they are gone,
they are gone. No more are being made. That would be my choice.

I have a pre x5 delta contractor's saw with a big "made in america"
sicker on it. The steel body isn't square, some of the plastic knobs
feel cheesy, and the rail for the unifence had a couple drilled holes
instead of a machined T-slot like the instruction maual showed. It
took me two hours to attach the fence instead of the five minutes it
should have been. It's been an ok saw. And I hate to say it, but if I
were spending that much money again, I would get the grizzly cabinet
saw for about the same price. Comparing my g0490 to a dj-20 is a real
eye-opener.

brian